South African Structure
Gold Fields South Africa values the importance of alignment and integration across all supply chain activities – regionally and globally. The South African Gold Fields Supply Chain function is therefore managed as a dedicated and integrated unit with a strategic objective.
This is recognised in the way in which the business units are grouped together:
- Supplier Management: facilitates supplier registration, vetting and approval.
- Sourcing Management: manages all non-strategic sourcing activities such as RFIs, RFQs, RFPs, Reverse Auctions and Tenders.
- Strategic Sourcing: focuses on identifying Strategic Sourcing Projects in order to improve on global total cost initiatives.
- Contract Management: manages all new contract initiations, on-going contract management, renewals and terminations.
- Procure to pay: relates to all operational and administrative processes, e.g. requisitioning, ordering, general administration, warehousing, invoice management and cash management (discounts).